Ideas para smoothies... no debes solo ir a Cosechas o cualquiera de esos lugares que venden jugos de frutas, ¡también los puedes hacer en casa!
Smooth Starts: Combine and create your own orginal smoothie.
Start with: 1 cup milk or 1 cup yogurt
Fruit: How about creating your own "cool smoothie" using 2 or 3 of your favorite fruits: try banana chunks, strawberries, raspberries, melon cubes, oranges, sliced peaches, pineapples, kiwi, papayas or mangoes....any combination of fresh, frozen or canned fruit. Frozen fruits add a nice, thick consistency.
Flavorings: Vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, cocoa, malt powder like Ovaltine
Sweetners: Honey, brown sugar, maple syrup, fruit spread
Protein: Powered milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter or add a splash of yogurt, milk, soy milk, or silken tofu. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
OR MORE TIPS TO TRY:
*You can replace fresh fruit with unsweetened frozen fruit or canned fruit (packed in juice).
*When using ice, crush cubes so they are smaller than fruit pieces.
*A blender will provide a smoother consistency than a food processor.
And even more wholesome additions:
1. Wheat germ is an excellent source of fiber, folate and the antioxidant vitamin E. Top smoothie with one to two tablespoons.
2. Roasted or toasted nuts can provide extra protein. Add one tablespoon.
3. Soy milk is rich in isoflavones, phytochemicals that may protect against certain cancers. Soy provides your body with top quality protein, and includes all the essential amino acids. In fact, soy protein is equivalent to the protein in meat, milk, and eggs. Soy protein has been show to decrease risk of heart disease.
Soybeans and many foods made with soy, contain a number of naturally occurring compounds that are beneficial to our health. These include antioxidants known as isoflavones. Isoflavones may provide long-term benefits such as maintaining and even improving lifelong bone health and helping to protect us against certain forms of cancer.Use in place of yogurt or milk.
4. Nonfat dry milk powder is an excellent source of fat-free, high-quality protein. Add two to four tablespoons.
5. Ground flaxseed is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that promote heart and artery health and may protect against cancer. Add one to two tablespoons.
Tomado de: http://www.healthy-kid-recipes.com/smoothies.html
Así de sencillo... - ¡ellos lo necesitan!